Anyone who has been part of a wedding knows that it takes a village. Not just the village of family of friends, but the team of vendors who will work together to make your wedding dream a reality.
The average wedding has anywhere from 5 – 15 different vendors providing services from food to photography to beauty services.
Here are my top 5 tips for working with vendors:
1. Get it in writing. You should have a contractual agreement with each vendor, and the contract should detail their services and any of your special requests.
2. Assign someone to be a liaison with each vendor for the day of the wedding. As the bride you should not have to worry about final payments, etc.
3. Communicate your wants and needs, before the big day. Be sure that each person or team you have hired is clear on your expectations of the day. Trust me, reputable vendors want to make your day special as much as you want them to perform at their best.
4. Ask for recommendations. Ask family and friends about their experiences, and vendors that they have been happy with in the past. Once you have found a vendor you trust, ask them who they work with as well.
5. Ask the “What If?” questions. What if… my party runs late, you’re sick the day of my wedding, someone breaks a vase, our date changes, etc.
Remember, you and your vendors both want your wedding day to be a stunning success, so work together as a team and you are sure to be pleased.