When you walk into the reception hall, you look around at the beautiful décor, and then your eyes go to the center of the dance floor, where the Wedding Cake is sitting with a spotlight on it. Since this is a focal point of your reception, how you design your Wedding Cake is pretty important. We have created a list of the Top 10 Wedding Cake Trends for 2014.
1. The Ombre Cake: As we discussed in the bouquet blog, ombre is not just a hair trend anymore. The ombre cake has become a very popular trend, and we adore it! Start at the bottom with your darkest color and work your way up, getting lighter and lighter! This is quite the statement piece and it will be one your guests will remember!
2. Give it a Personal Touch: Monogram It! Monogram has also become a trend with not only personal items, but with Wedding Cakes too! Monogram it by adding your initials as your cake topper, or even have it hand-painted onto the cake itself! Whatever you choose, it will add a personal touch of your very own!
3. Fresh Fruitsn Attention Summer Brides! Fresh Fruits distributed throughout your wedding cake is all the rage this summer! It adds an amazing touch and flavor that you and your guests will be sure to enjoy!
4. “Naked” Wedding Cakes This trend has been going on as long as the Vintage Wedding has become popular, and Brides are still keeping this trend alive! The Naked Wedding Cake is different, beautiful and perfect for those who are not a fan of frosting! Add flowers or fruits to the top, and you will have the perfect Wedding Cake for you Vintage Brides!
5. Hand-Painted Cakes Want something unique? Well the latest trend is the hand-painted Wedding Cakes that will give you something of your very own! This takes time and effort, but it always comes out beautifully! You can choose a design and place it throughout the entire cake, or give each layer it’s own personality! Whatever you choose, your cake will be a reflection of you, and it doesn’t get better than that!
6. The Combination of Metallic & Neutrals This is my favorite trend of Wedding Cakes in 2014! The combination of a metallic and a neutral color cannot be any more exquisite! Whether you combine gold and pink, silver and blue, or your own creation, it will be sophisticated and modern masterpiece at the same time!
7. Bold Statement Colors Bright and vibrant colors have become the latest Wedding trend for 2014, and we cannot get enough of it! It is a unique way to display your bright and bubbly personality and you can definitely incorporate this into your Wedding Cake! Don’t just go with the typical white wedding cake… choose blue, red, orange, yellow, green or even purple for your frosting color! It is fun and will beautiful with your décor!
8. Neutral Tones For you sophisticated, feminine & vintage Brides, the neutral tone Wedding Cake will be a perfect fit for you! It is classy and fits the décor beautifully with a Vintage or Boho themed wedding!
9. Bling, Bling: Also discussed in our bouquet blog, adding some bling, bling to your Wedding Cake is a stunning way to make your cake POP! Whether it is completely covering your cake in crystals, adding crystal belts to each layer, or having the cake topper be a crystal masterpiece, your cake will be a bold statement that everyone will love!
1. Cupcakes Having cupcakes instead of a Wedding Cake is a trend that is still going strong in 2014! This is a cute and unique idea that would be perfect for those of you who are having a smaller wedding! The cupcakes can be formed into any shape for the presentation, and is easier to pass out to your guests! You can choose many different flavors and frosting colors for your cupcakes, and that makes the cupcake such a brilliant trend!
BBFN (Bridal Bliss For Now),